Monday, January 19, 2009

Of Blogs and YouTube

I figured that it was time to see if a WoW Blog might be for me, so I figured I'd give it a shot. :) I haven't used Blogspot before, but it seems as good as any as a place to start. (It will also be nice to have a separate "nook" for my WoW/Druidy/PvP stuff ;) ).

I'm still trying to figure out if I want to set up a forum, but I'm concerned about spam and moderation, so this seemed like a step in the right direction.

In the last few months YouTube has pulled a number of my videos for music copyright infringement (and thankfully after some email exchanges I have been able to get them put back up, but muted, alas), so I've been spending a ton of time behind the scenes trying to back up information.

When the first video was pulled, I was understandably a bit upset, but what really got me was that all the comments, all my replies, were wiped (for what ended up being about 4 months, and what I thought would be permanantly). For someone like me, that takes so much time to respond to each and every reply (though it might take awhile... >_>), that was a big slap in the face, but I'm thankful I was able to resolve the situation enough that those videos (though muted), and their corresponding comments and replies were put back up.

After several of those near-misses, I started saving the information therein for posterity, and I also worked to upload the full-fledged videos to FileFront for both download and streaming. it took quite a lot longer than I would have liked (and time is a touch hard to come by for me at the moment outside of RL, social activities, work, art, writing, WoW/Raiding, WoW/PvP, etc..., WoW-socializing....), but at least it's a step in the right direction.

I really do enjoy helping people, and I can only hope folks can bear with me as I try to get up to speed and juggle so much. :) It's kind of crazy getting 20-40 messages a day and falling behind, but as long as people are patient, it's all worth it. :)

-Dreamspirit

No comments: