Friday, January 30, 2009

Juggling Arenas

It seems like I've been trying to cram a lot in before I head out of town for the weekend, but it's gone well so far. I scheduled 5s for yesterday (which went well), 3s tonight, and more 5s on Monday. This probably means I won't have time to run 2s this week, but ah well: there's always next week!

Last night went really well. Aside from a momentary personality conflict between teammates (which happens now and then on all teams, especially driven ones), everything went well on the whole. We didn't end at our peak for the night (I think we pushed ourselves too hard, which I will be more careful about in the future, and is part of the reason why tonight is a "light 3s night."

At our Peak, our humble 5v5s on its second week, hit #35 on all of US-Bloodlust (BG9), and #10 on US-Tichondrius, with an 87-17 Win / Loss Ratio (84%), which is ~incredibly~ impressive, and I am so very proud of my teammates. :) I honestly wasn't expecting us to do so well, but I remembered to turn on FRAPs for a few matches and decided it was high time to put together a video. I probably spent a bit too much time on it today, but it was a nice bit of stress-therapy, and I'm hoping to render it and hopefully upload it before 3s tonight. If not, I'll have to compile it after. I know my partners probably have some amazing saves on their end, but it's damned hard to show that sort of thing from my end, so instead I tried to explain what we were doing as a whole and what I, more specifically, was doing throughout the matches. I can't hit every note, but I did try to hit quite a few.

More to follow. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whats your 2v2 combo since you play as resto? I am an 80 resto druid looking to do some arenas I usually did 2v2 but resto druids arent good enough for 2v2 anymore

K. LeCrone said...

As Resto I've Played both a "Deep" Resto Spec, as well as a Hybrid Feral/Resto which I play a lot like I did in Season 3 and 4. So far I've had the most luck with DK and Hunter partners with those specs. :) I'm sure there are others out there. I've heard Mages are also viable as Resto partners this season for 2s, but I'll admit I've had more success as Balance/Mage than Resto/Mage so far this season.

Hope that helps! Resto is a bit of a struggle in twos at the moment, but it's still very possible to push up the tiers.